Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Aviation Organizations

As I progress with my aviation career, there are numerous organizations that I can join. These organizations can be very helpful in some of the services they offer. Two organizations that I could join are American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) and National Business Aviation Association (NBAA).

The AAAE is an organization that represents airport owners and managers. They represent and lobby legislation for the aviation industry, specifically airports. They also provide services such as educational development in the form of conferences, training, and they also have professional development opportunities (AAAE). Many of these are certifications that will make members stand out among others trying to apply for an airport owner or manager position.

NBAA also represents aviation, but it instead represents business aviation in the general aviation sector. The NBAA has conferences that focus on many subjects such as insurance, taxes for businesses, and workers' compensation. (NBAA) The NBAA also lobbies congress officials in order to protect small businesses in aviation in order to keep the competitive.

These are important organizations for me to belong to in order to help me get my foot in new doors to new opportunities. These can help me stand out from other applicants to further my chance of getting hired at a higher position. Not only does it help me move up in positions, but they can also help me save money by going to conferences and learning about better ways to run an airport or programs to help me save money  on essentials such as insurance.

Benefits. (n.d.). Retrieved November 29, 2016, from https://www.nbaa.org/membership/benefits/nbaa-member-benefits-guide.pdf

About AAAE. (n.d.). Retrieved November 29, 2016, from http://www.aaae.org/about_aaae/

No comments:

Post a Comment